Updated: Apr 29, 2021
You may be wondering “why are we using these new tags”? Well, there are MANY reasons organizations like yours choose to use PetHub digital ID tags for their tag programs, but let’s cover the big five:
1. It’s a tag that pet parents actually WANT to put on their pet. For decades shelters and municipal animal services departments have been using stamped metal ID tags for their pet licensing (and other ID) programs, largely because they were reliable and cost effective. Fun fact: stamped metal ID tags were invented before the Civil War (yup, you hear us right), and little has changed since the 19th century.
Unfortunately, most pet parents don’t LIKE this style of tag, and for many, low value and poor tag quality are some of the reasons stated for not getting their pet licensed. Modern pet parents prefer tags that are fashionable (and let’s face it, most stamped metal ID tags are, well, ugly), durable and list their own contact information (not just the phone number of the city, county or shelter that issued their tag).
Enter PetHub digital ID tags, invented in the 21stcentury. But that’s not the only thing that makes PetHub tags awesome:
Our tags are stylish and customizable so local pets can wear them with pride.
They are crazy durable with a solid steel core and a thick epoxy layer guaranteed to last.
And finally, these tags link directly to the pet parent’s emergency contact information... and more (we’ll get into that later).
Instantly, the value-to-pet-parent of the pet licenses in your community have raised significantly, leading to higher licensing compliance overall.
2. PetHub ID tags work with ANY existing system. We use packaging that closely aligns with the “footprint” of stamped metal ID tags.
Tags are numbered to fit seamlessly into your organization’s shelter software, AND, your citizens have complete control of what information they link to the tag and the privacy around that information
3. Let’s face it: most animal welfare organizations aren’t “rolling in cash” and PetHub is here to help. Not only do we offer deeply discounted-- and even subsidized pricing-- to our tag program partners, we also help you fundraise through our Shelter Share program (LOTS more about that later in the handbook).
In a nutshell, programs like yours can switch to PetHub ID tags for little or no additional cost than traditional stamped metal ID tags.
4. PetHub is proven to work. Over 600 communities across the U.S. use Powered by PetHub ID tags. We are known for our commitment to excellence, adaptable programs and unparalleled customer service.
5. Most importantly, PetHub gets lost pets home FAST.
Over the last 8 years, more than 96% of pets recovered through their PetHub ID tags were home in less than 24 hours, and less than 2% ever hit a shelter’s door.
By getting pets home BEFORE they have to be brought to a shelter to be processed or scanned, your organization saves money and the amount of stress for the animal and family are greatly reduced by quick reunions.